Policies / Terms of Sale
The price list is intended for use by our wholesale customers only.
Prices in the catalog are F.O.B. nursery and subject to change
without notice. We recommend use of the catalog only as a guide.
Pricing of specimen material or stock specially selected will be
priced according to its value.
Please call (631) 288-3458 or Fax (631) 288-3579 with your
plant needs and we will be happy to provide pricing and current
TAX EXEMPT PURCHASES:
(1) State sales tax will be charged at time of sale unless
a valid and completed N.Y. State resale certificate is
on file at time of purchase. THERE WILL BE NO
(2) Any tax exempt purchase made must have correct
supporting paperwork at the time of sale. If not, sales tax will be added onto the invoice.
We give no warranty, expressed or implied, as to life, description,
quality, productiveness or any other matter regarding the nursery
stock we sell. Since we have no control over conditions after the
plants leave our nursery, we can not replace plants that fail to live
or thrive. In any and every case, our liability shall be specifically
limited to the purchase price of the materials.
Claims for errors in loading or unsatisfactory stock must be reported
on original bill and sent in writing within (5) days. Please have
driver verify shortage or damage. Any material rejected must be
reloaded on truck for immediate return.
Once material leaves the nursery, the customer assumes all
responsibility. The customer must inspect the shipment for damages/
shortages before leaving Peat and Son. All loads must be
Peat & Son Nursery offers summer digging of certain plants. A
charge of 10% over the catalog price will be added to all summer
dug material. In addition, Peat & Son Nursery assumes no responsibility
for the survival of these plants.
Tagged-Paid Policy (7 days) - Tagging material at Peat & Son Nursery is considered a commitment of purchase. Plant material tagged-paid will be held for 7 days. These plants must be paid for in full at time of tagging. Arrangements or pickup or delivery must be made after tagging. Ater 7 days Peat & Son Nursery will not be responsible or any plant material which is not available at time of pickup. A refund will be issued for any missing plant material if a substitution cannot be made. A cancellation fee may be applied if tagged-paid material is cancelled.
Special Orders - Special orders of material in large quantities or nonstock items will require a 50% deposit. A cancellation fee may be applied if a special order is cancelled.
Conditions of Sale - Our price lists are intended for use by our wholesale customers only. Prices in the catalog are F.O.B. nursery and subject to change without notice. Please call 631-288-3458 or fax 631-288-3579 with your plant needs and we will be happy to provide pricing and current availability. You can see our current availability by clicking on our plant availability link.
1. All sales are net cash upon receipt of merchandise, unless a credit account has been established and you have been notified in writing. Please allow 30 days for approval.
2. All first time purchases are C.O.D.
3. Credit limits will be strictly enforced, and a C.O.D. status will go in effect once the limit is reached.
4. Credit terms are net 30 days from date of invoice. A 1.5% service charge per month (24% annually) will be added to all invoices past due, plus any additional costs of enforcing payment. A C.O.D. status will go into effect on all accounts 30 days past due.
5. A $20.00 charge will be added for receipt of a bad check. Third party or postdated checks will not be accepted.
6. State sales tax will be charged at time of sale unless a valid NY State resale certificate is on file at the time of purchase. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
7. Any tax exempt purchase must have correct supporting paperwork at the time of sale. If not, sales tax will be added to the invoice.
December - February
M-F - 7:00am to 4:00pm
March - June
M-Sat - 7:00am to 5:00pm
(Saturdays are weather permitting in March)
July - November
M-F - 7:00am to 5:00pm
Sat - 7:00am to noon
Memorial Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving Day,
Christmas Day thru New Year's Day, and Labor Day.
Credit Cards Accepted:
American Express, Master Card, Visa, and Discover